So, the semester is FINALLY over! All the projects are done (although often late, lol), and I've taken all of my finals, so it is finally time to have a chance to relax. I will be leaving for Florida in the next few days and spending a few weeks at "home." I'll probably blog some more from there since I'll have more time, lol. But as I was sitting around relaxing tonight, I came across the story of the recent shootings in Colorado. Now, all the details aren't out yet, and I'm sure alot of things will come to the surface as the days go by, but there were some interesting and disturbing things brought to light in the last couple days. I think the saddest part of this whole thing.....the most disturbing part, is that it seems like the cause of this was at least in part due to the abusive and hypocritical things he's seen and/or experienced from the church. This is a charge that has been too often leveled against the church in recent years. As Christians we are called to be different from the world....above the world....but too often we fall short of that call. I'm including myself in this too. We need to stop making hypocrites of ourselves, stop abusing others. Take a few minutes to consider your own lives and actions. Is the way you live add up to the faith you claim? Or would people consider you to be a hypocrite too? Here's the link to one of the stories about this shooting and some of the things that have come to light about the shooter: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071213/ap_on_re_us/church_shooting_profile;_ylt=AhgtLTTYyBF6sDq3xNVrOAdH2ocA
If you want to see what God thought about hypocrisy, take a look at Isaiah 1:10-17. God's not looking for His people to know when and where to bring the right offerings to atone for their sins, He wants His people to be different from those around them, and to be obedient to Him! Just a few thoughts that were on my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment