Sunday, April 6, 2008

Summer Plans

So yet another semester here at Johnson is quickly coming to an end, which is always bitter-sweet. I almost always look forward to the break from classes, papers, and homework, but at the same time, I do love it here at JBC, and will miss my friends while the summer months glide by. So, I have been wrestling the last few weeks with what to do this summer. After an amazing internship last year at North Madison, Christian Church, it was pretty easy to know that I wanted to do another internship, the question was just where that would be. So I sent out some emails, and talked to a few people about possibilities; and then sent out my resume to a few different churches. After several weeks of emails, phone interviews, and traveling to meet with church leaders, God has opened the door for me to be the Youth Minister/Intern at the Shirley Christian Church, in Shirley, Indiana. Shirley is about 40 min or so from Indianapolis. It is a small town of about 800-1,000 people, and the church is a small church of about 60-70, with about 15 teens. There is not currently a Youth minister on staff, and so I will be trying to jumpstart something for the teens. I am still nervous about this opportunity, but at the same time, very excited about it! Please pray for me as I get ready for this new adventure.

No comments: