Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ichthus


Ichthus 2008 has come and gone. This was my second Ichthus experience, and it was alot of fun. I have to admit, last year's seems to hold a bigger place in my heart, but I'm not sure if that is because it was my first year or because I liked the line up better. But this year was still alot of fun. 3 of the guys from the church here in Shirley joined me, and we volunteered to work so that the festival was free. Working security for the festival wasn't a bad thing, it just wasn't the most exciting way to spend 9 hours. This year's festival went a little "old school," according to some, because there were several rainstorms that came through the area. On Friday they had to cancel the evening speaker (Justin Lookado), as well as 3 concerts; Stellar Kart, Kutless, and tobyMac. The rain also forced us to seek different shelter because our tent wouldn't hold up to the winds without being staked down better, which we couldn't do because the ground was too hard. But the wonderful people from North Madison Christian Church welcomed us into their tents for the rest of Friday and Saturday as well. It was a great few days, but very tiring. I'm hoping that Chris, Paul, and Greg all had as much fun as I did.

No comments: