
So...another year of CIY has come and gone, and I must echo the words of Phillip Truesdell in saying that this was one of the most "interesting" summer conferences I've been to. The next several blogs (notes if you're reading this on facebook) are going to be about the things that happened at conference this year. If you weren't there, I'm sorry you missed it, it really was a great theme this year, and I know God did alot of moving in people. As always, CIY put together a great week designed to draw students closer to God and, for some, to introduce them to Him for the first time. I would have liked to have had some different speakers (no offense, but they just weren't the best this year), but I know God can move in people's lives even without, and sometimes in spite of, the best speakers. I guess my only real complaint from the week would be that our D-Group location was horrible! We were put in a hallway that was still being used by Lee University for classes and offices, etc, so we had alot of foot traffic and noise in our area, and no one seemed to care that we were trying to have a lesson. Oh well, you can't always get everything, right? Well....look for the next couple of blogs to hear about some of our funnier stories from CIY, so those of you who didn't go can laugh with us, and those of you that went can laugh again as you reminisce! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment