
I was very impressed by a new song I've heard recently. If you know me well you know that while I enjoy listening to the music of a song, I enjoy even more listening to the lyrics. The song is called "Jesus bring the rain" by MercyMe (the same band that sang the hugely popular "I can only imagine"). The reason the song impressed me is because the lyrics of the song is a prayer to God. The person in the song is amazed because he has been asked how he can continue to praise God even though things in life don't seem to be going so well. It sounds very much like the story of Job from the Bible. But the response is what really caught me:
"Maybe since my life was changed, long before these rainy days,
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm; But instead, I draw closer through these times
So I pray....Bring me joy, bring me peace. Bring the chance to be free.
Bring me anything that brings You glory. And I know there'll
be days when this life brings me pain, But if that's what it takes to
praise You: Jesus, bring the rain
I am yours regardless of the clouds that may loom above because, you are much greater than my pain. You who made a way for me, suffering your destiny, so tell me whats a little rain?"
For anyone who knows me well enough to know my past, knows that life hasn't always been easy. I didn't get the easiest path to get to where I am. But what really struck me about this song was that the guy in the song doesn't have everything going "the way it should" in his life either, but his response is, "if this is what will bring you glory God, then I'm ready for it, bring on the rain!" WOW! What a prayer! I'd like to be able to pray that prayer. To be able to look at whatever is going bad in life at the time and just use it to bring God glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment